
i wanted to write today but i could only seem to come up with some more personal stuff that i chose to put into my paper journal and not here for all the world to read. so i decided to post this poem i wrote early this year for my nephew, but only gave to him this past Christmas. Here is a pic of him with his dad
Ryan
how much has changed since before you came
I lived different lifetimes and became
different people over a matter of years
where were you existing back before then?
when now you are here and I can behold you
and your spirit resides in this small round body
your eyes asking questions of reality
and in a moment, a lifetime of thoughts can go by
without your knowledge-
all you know is how to exist, to dream, to sleep, to eat
wish I could know how your thoughts are composed.
what desires occupy your little heart
what sensations are pleasing to your skin
what your little eyes delight in beholding
part of your blood is mine and yet
so much of life has passed us by
who will we be when you're old enough to know me?
how will you ever know the person I am today?
when will you be able to know how I love you?
you are innocence but also all-knowing
and the world comes together in each breath you take.


2 comments:
hay mi chiquita. Such a good writer and lovely girl! you warm my dark, cold heart! thaw it out bebe.. You're getting a little following I see. You almost beat me in visits. But I got 6 today woohoo!
thank you sweetie :) that makes my tiny face smile
Post a Comment