
ok, so 'the haunting' is a really stupid movie. but this line has always stuck in my mind because it's so true (spoken by the charachter Theo, played by Catherine Zeta Jones:
Theo: You know what, the rest of you may hate your insomnia but I'm not sure I want a cure for mine. That's when I get all my best ideas... I'm alone, occasionally... with no distractions. My mind is racing with creative ideas and come 3am I feel like a genius.
it's sort of that way today, i stayed home from work and there's nothing to do but watch the significant amount of snow falling outside my window, stay tucked in bed enjoying a fruit smoothie, and writing. i watched the movie 'diabolique' this morning because that movie has great lines in it too, and sharon stone's character is great- evil and yet glamorous, and this seems like the perfect time to get into a creative mindset, and relax for once with that, and see where it goes. i guess i'm giving myself a preview of my upcoming vacation, when hopefully it will be quieter. the only thing ruining this peaceful day is the renovations going on in the apartment above me. that's why i haven't been able to go back to sleep since 7am this morning. oh well, i guess you can't have it all...
Sharon Stone as Nicole Horner in Diabolique (a story of a wife and a mistress of one abusive man who come together to try to kill him):
Nicole: Lost your faith, eh? I've never really had any to begin with, I guess. Never believed in any of it. God, the Virgin Mary, that life begins at 40... and that people are all just basically good inside.


No comments:
Post a Comment