the prompt-
Today, I want you to write an outsider poem. You can be the outsider; someone else can be the outsider; or it can even be an animal or inanimate object that's the outsider. As usual, get creative with the prompt and don't be afraid to stretch the limits.
out in the cold
peeking through
the kitchen window
i got a glimpse of you
i watched how the sunlight streamed
bright through the curtains,
across tile floors,
over the counters,
i longed to be flowers
adorning the windowsill
i longed for your movements
your voice, your love
i listened to the morning speak
and i felt unlike
a human being
i was a tree unable to move
true blue baby
14 years ago


2 comments:
Wish I was a poet!
L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net
Is this about me chiquita! :)
Like I said before, I love imagery in this one, like the flower and tree metaphors.
Post a Comment