
i went to see the show 'jersey boys' with people from my job. they have several theater night outings in which employees can pay one price for dinner and a show. it's usually a really good deal provided that the restaurant they choose and the show is good. and it was really cute. i enjoyed it a lot. it was a funny story of how the band got together, Frankie Valley and the four seasons. the show had a lot of energy to and it was really fun to watch. especially when they got into the whirwind success of their first 3 number one singles, which if i remember correctly were 'sherry,' 'big girls don't cry' and damn, i forgot the third. i think it was 'walk like a man.' i didn't realize how many great songs are all from the same group- 'oh what a night,' 'working my way back to you' and that song that goes, ' i love you baby, and if it's quite all right i need you baby..' and so on. it was a really cute show and i felt like i wanted more when it was over. they really play up the 60s nostalgia and the jersey accents. it was a lot funnier than i expected it to be. and that guy that played Frankie Valli had an unreal voice. it was astounding. i love the great white way.
anyway, here's the song i have been currently obsessed with this past week. i love the lyrics. bif naked sings it perfectly, espeically the bridge. it's brilliant:
You Are The Master
I am tied up in the burning sun.
Baby, you are my only shade.
You're the bowl of water beyond my reach.
I can only move the distance of this chain.
I chew anything you will give me.
Eat anything, even my own words.
Scramble for any morsel you throw,
you scatter hope like scraps of food.
I guess you are the master.
I am the dog.
I am the dog.
Waiting for you to love me.
I am jumping on you for affection.
I would love to lick your face.
You scold me, you push me off.
I'm your loyal bitch, a man's best friend.
I lie here and lick my wounds,
from my little bed of wishes.
I run to you in my dreams.
I pine for you in my life.
I guess you are the master.
I am the dog.
I am the dog.
Waiting for you to love me.
(bridge)
I have no sense of time at all.
Twenty minutes or twenty years,
it's all the same.
I am your muse, you are my muse,
broken hearts.
Baby please show me some mercy,
don't put me down.
I guess you are the master.
I am the dog.
I am the dog.
Waiting for you to love me.
-Bif Naked


No comments:
Post a Comment