Thursday, May 11, 2006

faithful as fuck

so at the request of a friend, I’ve decided to continue writing here, though I don’t know how much of a regular thing it will be yet. it’s hard to write sometimes knowing that there are people reading, or at least some people. So I was thinking of maybe transcribing some things I have already committed to my journal, depending on how personal they are. sometimes I’m really proud of what I write in journals, but I know I wouldn’t have been that uninhibited had I started writing it out on the blog. I like to write by hand for long periods of time, as opposed to typing. It feels more natural to me.


A few years ago when I was temping I was consoling my coworker in the ladies room after she had had a fight with her boyfriend. She was crying and explaining to me how he had accused her of cheating. She wiped her face with tissues and told me with a small, pained voice, ‘I’ve been faithful as fuck.’ I looked at her reddening eyes and my heart broke for her. That phrase just kind of stayed in the back of my head someplace. I thought it was a succinct, if ironic, way of describing how faithful you are. It’s weird how you recall conversations you’ve had for no apparent reason at strangely random times.

5 comments:

Idalmis said...

That happens to me all the time, sometimes at really random moments. I'll remember a conversation, or a place or soemthing that happened a long time ago. Like a couple of years ago I started to think aboiut this store Consumer's. It was a catalog store, except you picked and bought the items in person. I remembered it during sex ; ) which was what made it odd.

Anonymous said...

I remember Consumer's big-time!!! I used to go to the back by the watches section and look at all the kids' watches, with different cartoon characters on them. It was either that, or hiding underneath the counters/tables while my mother placed her order. How random, but I was remembering it recently and even talked to my sis about it.

Yes I have memories of random things all the time too... It must be the Cancer in all of us, we are very attached to our memories.. its like a psychic attachment.

karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karen said...

interesting to learn little tidbits about my friends' pasts :) thanks for commenting. we cancers remember every little thing in great detail

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»