Thursday, February 16, 2012

abc's of advice

The writing prompt i found today while browsing online was: ABCs. Can you give people 26 pieces of advice?

here’s my attempt-

a. accept yourself as you are
b. be bold once in a while
c. cry if you have to
d. demand only the best for yourself
e. ease into new situations
f. forget the past
g. gratitude should be your dominant feeling
h. help others and be kind, it helps you too
i. internalize positivity
j. journey to new places each year
k. keep close family around you for support
l. lose control sometimes, drop the facade
m. mind your business, don't gossip
n. never doubt yourself or your own abilities
o. own up to your mistakes and correct them
p. play, do creative or sporty things that make you happy
q. quiet- practice stillness for a few minutes
r. reach inside yourself for strength, reach out to others when you need to
s. set your sights on future goals and dreams
t. try new things, don’t be set in your ways
u. understand that things are not always about you
v. vent through journaling, talking, painting, singing
w. workout whenever you need to relieve stress or are feeling sluggish
x. don't be xenophobic (look it up)
y. yearn to discover the unknown
z. have zeal for whatever you feel is your passion in life

just a ps:

Always in an effort to always help the homeless and hungry, I realized that the Hoboken homeless shelter has a wish list on amazon.com that you can order stuff from and have it shipped directly to the shelter in NJ.

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/5W0QRB8KEVA6/ref=cm_wl_rlist_go_v

they have paper supplies and toiletries in their categories.
and don't forget to click daily at http://www.thehungersite.com/

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I really love this post. I was perusing blogs on blogger and happened upon yours. You have a very poetic style of writing. I would love to follow your blog if I may. Feel free to follow mine as well. I look forward to reading mroe of your work!

karen said...

wow, thanks for the great compliment! i'm flattered! :)